Recently I read a question posted by GenNext (Generation Next, a column in the daily Newspaper in Nepal called Republica), It was asking the Young and Youthful Nepal; where they got their Sexual Education From?
Please don’t expect cheesy and downgraded sentences from this article. It’s factual and well; If you get bored in the way, just stop reading.
So here we go; Sexual Education:
Sexual Education is such a taboo topic in our part of the world, nobody talks about it. I mean, do you have conversations with your friends about it now and then? Last Month when I was in Nepal and when I wanted to do a project concerning the issue”Relationship Counseling” among the youth, I got hit by a hard rock in my face. Nobody wanted to discuss about that either, it was a hush-hush topic and people think that counseling is done only when the situation gets worse. Well actually ,its something that helps you guide you through life and since parents can’t and won’t give you relationship advises and we (Health Nepal Foundation) wanted to do something about that.
Let’s look at some facts, STD or Sexually Transmitted Disease is a diseases transmitted when you are actively engaging in a sexual activity with an infected partner, as many of you already know by the name of the disease .
Now STD can be caused by several agents:
- Bacterial Agents:
- Chancroid -Haemophilus ducreyi
- Chlamydia -Chlamydia trachomatis
- Gonorrhea -Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Syphilis -Treponema pallidum
- HIV: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Hepatitis B,C,D
- Herpes Simplex Virus – Herpes
- Human Papillomavirus – Cervical Carcinoma
- Tricomonas Vaginalis : Trichomoniasis
- Fungal :Candia Albicans
Can few minutes of contact cause STD?
The answer depends on the time of contact.Yes; it’s possible over minutes and definitely possible over hours.
What could the Symptoms be?
- Discharge of any unwanted secretions from the outlets of your sexual organs, might be curdy in appearance to pale yellow in color.
- Unusual odor
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Cough
- More Infections
How to react?
Take it normally as possible because most of the agents are treatable except for HIV AIDS.
If you get pregnant, then you might transfer the agent to your fetus as well, which could lead to abortion and fetal abnormality.
Steps To Follow :
• Go to your doctor straight away.
• Give the Doctor a Proper History about who you had sexual contact with.
• Share the details with them as much as possible; you might be helping your doctor eliminate certain diseases.
• So you have to mention your partners name as well, because the partner has to be treated as well.
• The best that a doctor can do is advise you to refrain from any Sexual Activity for a while until the agent is eliminated, ask you to go to the STD clinic, I actually do not know where the STD clinic is in Nepal? but yeah that place offers you loads of information about these diseases. There are certain terms like, Contact tracing, which means that these clinics trace the people who were in contact with the partner and help prevent the spread among the masses.
• Use Barrier method all the time as advised in schools and Colleges, I mean it’s not that hard is it? Why should you be dumb when it comes to living a healthy Sexual Life?
The next question that must come is, does oral sex cause STD?
Yes, it’s possible, oral- anal, oral -oral, oral- where ever,are possible ways of transmission!
Untreated cases have more chances of developing stricture (narrowing down) of ureter( a tube in which urine and other discharges flow) and most importantly people can develop Infertility.
My Views :
Are you that dumb when it comes to sleeping with someone? Are you willing to endanger your life and as well as your fetus life when it comes to having Sex? Think twice before you get laid!